Starting Monday, September 19th, New Life Church is going to begin training people to do Biblical Counseling. We are partnering with the Biblical Counseling Center in Illinois.
Why are we training people to do Biblical counseling?
- We want to equip the saints to do the work of ministry-Ephesians 4:11-13
- We believe that it is critical that the leaders of the church are equipping others to do the work of ministry.
- We want to fulfill the Great Commission-Matthew 28:16-20
- Our mission as a church is to be making disciples of Jesus Christ. Biblical counseling is first and foremost helping people to become more like Jesus Christ. Biblical counseling is discipleship.
- We want to help people who are hurting/struggling-Matthew 9:36
- We want to be a relational church which means we are going to be getting to know each other really well. When that happens, when we let down our defenses, we will begin to see that there is a lot of hurt and brokenness all around us. We want to follow in Jesus’ steps and reach out to those who are hurting with the hope that only comes from God’s Word.
What will the training look like?
It is going to be approximately 21 weeks long. Here are a few of the topics we will be working through:
- Biblical Shepherding
- Reaching The Heart
- Sanctification Understood
- Getting Anger Right
- Dealing With Fear
- Overcoming Guilt And Shame
- Overcoming Depression
- Facilitating Family Forgiveness
- Hope For Hurting Marriages
- Growing As A Biblical Counselor
If you want to learn more we encourage you to join us at New Life Church on Sunday, September 18, at 10:15 AM. Tim Allchin, the Director of the Biblical Counseling Center, will be preaching about counseling in the local church. Tim will also be teaching a Sunday School class that same morning at 9:00 AM.
Photo at top of page taken from realitysbdotcom