Summer is probably my favorite season. Shorts, flip flops, long days, family vacations, barbecues, and enjoying the great outdoors. What’s not to love?
Summer is great but there is a subtle temptation to take a vacation from God. We get out of our normal routine and before we know it we have put our spiritual life on cruise control. Here are 7 suggestions that will help you from wasting your summer.
- Make a conscious decision now to pursue hard after Christ. What is your number one priority this summer?  But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.  Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ. (Philippians 3:7-8)
- Pick a book of the Bible to study. No matter where you are or where your summer travels take you make sure you are immersing your heart and mind in the Word of God.
- Read some great Christian books. Check these out… Resources For Studying Gods Word
- When you are not traveling be an active part of your church family.
- Take some time to get to know your neighbors! Summer is a great time to have a barbecue and invite some neighbors over. “Love your neighbor as yourself…” Mark 12:31.
- Listen to worship music. Few things have the power to draw your affections towards God like worshiping him in song. HERE is a song I have been listening to over and over.
- Less screen time. More time with people.