Life Explored is an informal and relaxed seven week course. It’s for anyone who wants to find contentment and happiness in life. It’s run by ordinary Christian people local to you and is completely free. You don’t need to know anything about the Bible, and you won’t be asked to pray or sing. You can ask any question you like, or you can just sit and listen.
Whoever you are, whatever you’re thinking, Life Explored is a place for you to discover the greatest gift in the the universe.
Thursday evenings. 01.26.17-03.09.17. 7:00-8:15 PM. New Life Church-1530 N Hwy 20, Watertown, SD.
Questions? Call 605-886-1977
At New Life Evangelical Free Church we have started a ministry called Bundles of Hope. You can read more about it on Facebook and Twitter. Bundles of Hope is a ministry for women who are expecting a child yet they have little support and are feeling lonely, afraid, and unsure what to do.
Tomorrow, Feb 11, I am going to be on the radio at 8:45 AM talking about Bundles of Hope.
The lady, Janet Kilgo, who started this whole thing lives in Texas and you can learn more about her by watching this video.
On Sunday, April 19 I am very excited to say that I am beginning an eight week sermon series entitled “The Gospel in Everyday Life.” Normally I preach through books of the Bible but I felt like a good place to start when it comes to transitioning to a new church family is to begin with what is most important; the good news of Jesus Christ.
Week 1: What is the Gospel? (2 Corinthians 5:21, Colossians 2:20-3:4)
Week 2: The Gospel and Our Sin Nature (Romans 6:1-11)
Week 3: The Gospel and Marriage (Ephesians 5:22-33)
Week 4: The Gospel and Parenting (Luke 6:43-45)
Week 5: The Gospel and the Workplace (Ephesians 6:5-9)
Week 6: The Gospel and Money (Malachi 3:1-6, 4:1-3)
Week 7: The Gospel and Community (Ephesians 2:11-19)
Week 8: The Gospel and Loving Our Neighbors (Matthew 5:13-16)
Each week that I preach through this series I will post some thoughts, ideas and application questions here. Feel free to join the discussion. I will also add some resources (books, articles) each week that I believe will help you get a stronger grip on how the gospel relates to marriage, parenting, workplace, money, etc..
The next sermon series will be from the book of Colossians.
During one of my interview sessions with New Life they asked me what I would put up on a billboard that would tell everyone in Watertown what the church was all about. Without too much deep analysis I simply said “Jesus”. The weekend we candidated they put this sign up on a billboard in Watertown. Love it!
I am super excited to let you all know that my family is moving to South Dakota! I have accepted the call to become the Senior Pastor at New Life Church in Watertown, SD. New Life Church is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
I feel refreshed, renewed and ready to walk through this door that God has opened. Since you are here, reading this, can I ask you to do me a big favor?
Here are a few things you could be praying for…
- Safety for my family as we leave the DFW area and move to South Dakota
- For Marcie to have the strength and endurance to finish her first year of teaching
- For us to find a house to rent or buy. We like the idea of renting so that we can really get a feel for the area before we purchase a home. If we found a great deal we would be willing to buy right away! We definitely want to be centrally located (close to schools, church, friends, etc…)
- That my family would build deep, life-long relationships with New Life and the residents of Watertown
- That as we immerse ourselves in ministry we would create margins in our life to rest and to quietly abide in Christ
- That the gospel would saturate our church and the city of Watertown
- (And when the prayer request above is answered…the result would be…) That Watertown would know that New Life (and Jesus) loves them like crazy
- The lost are saved
- That disciples of Jesus Christ are made