We are investing more time and energy to make sure that as a church we are helping people to go and make disciples. Here are a few of the things that we have been working on recently:
- We have changed the name of our disciplemaking groups from Life Transformation Groups to D-Groups.
- We have significantly updated/improved the material in the D-Group manual. Now there is a much stronger emphasis on each person being in the Word during the week and coming to the weekly gathering ready to share what they have been learning.
- Now we have a pastor (Glenn Walker) who is going to oversee the entire process and make sure that it becomes a vibrant part of our church. This is really a key in my opinion. Hoping that a disciple making culture takes root organically is a nice idea, but I don’t think it is realistic.
- We will be creating training videos for D-Group leaders.
- We had a meeting this past Sunday and took about an hour to explain the importance of each Christian taking the Great Commission seriously and how we can equip them to do so.
HERE is the D-Group manual. Lots of time, energy, and revisions have gone into it.
I would love to hear how you are raising up disciples who will go and make disciples. You can leave a message here or you can email me at email@example.com. Seriously, I would love to hear from you!